Submit your work here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gamifin2019
This year GamiFIN invites doctoral students (irrespective of stage in the program) to apply to the first ever GamiFIN doctoral consortium. The doctoral consortium will take place 08.04.2019 at Sokos Hotel Levi and will provide all doctoral students the opportunity to develop and discuss their research among other students and leading scholars.
- December 23, 2018: Submissions deadline * Extended *
- February 11, 2019: Notifications of acceptance sent to authors
- March 8, 2019: Registration deadline for presenting authors
- March 22, 2019: Deadline for camera-ready submissions
- April 8-10, 2019: Conference
TOPICS AND THEMES:
Gamification is a multi-faceted phenomenon that affects multiple domains of human life. Therefore, we welcome submissions related to this ludic transformation of our reality under several domains and related (but not limited) to e.g. the following keywords:
Users: e.g. Engagement, experience, user types
Education: e.g. Gamification in education, serious games, game-based learning, games & math
Media: e.g. eSports, streaming, gamification in journalism
Commerce: e.g. Business models, free-to-play, gambling, gamification as marketing
Work: e.g. Organizational gamification, gameful work, gamification in leadership
Technology: e.g. Virtual reality, augmented reality, Internet of things
Toys & play: e.g. Toy play, toy design/creation, toys in education, Internet of Toys
Health: e.g. Quantified self, games for health, health benefits
Culture: e.g. Ludification, history of games and gamification
Theories/concepts/methods: Contributions to science around gamification
Any research presented at the consortium can also be submitted as a paper/poster in the conference, but the consortium will allow the attendees to more extensively develop their papers in collaboration with the conference chairs and keynotes, as well as other students.
There are different ways to submit/propose to join the doctoral consortium:
1) Submitting an application to the doctoral consortium through the conference submission system (5 page summary of research and a CV)
2) Submitting a full paper or a poster but checking the box “I also wish to submit the entry to the doctoral consortium”, 2.1.) in case the paper/poster is accepted to the full paper proceedings, the author(s) may also be accepted to present and develop the paper in the doctoral consortium 2.2.) in case the paper is rejected as a full paper/poster, it can still be accepted to the doctoral consortium to be developed further.
Submissions to the doctoral consortium should be original and novel and formatted to follow the basic guidelines (same as paper submissions): Times New Roman, 12pt, line spacing 1 and margins top & bottom: 2, left & right: 2.5. References, tables and figures are acceptable.
Submit here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gamifin2019