Submit your work here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gamifin2019
This year GamiFIN invites doctoral students (irrespective of stage in the program) to apply to the first ever GamiFIN doctoral consortium. The doctoral consortium will take place 08.04.2019 at Sokos Hotel Levi and will provide all doctoral students the opportunity to develop and discuss their research among other students and leading scholars.
- December 10, 2018: Submissions deadline
- January 21, 2019: Notifications of acceptance sent to authors
- January 31, 2019: Registration deadline for paper authors
- March 29, 2019: Deadline for authors to submit the final manuscript (camera ready)
- April 8-10, 2019: Conference
TOPICS AND THEMES:
Gamification is a multi-faceted phenomenon that affects multiple domains of human life. Therefore, we welcome submissions related to this ludic transformation of our reality under several domains and related (but not limited) to e.g. the following keywords:
- Users: e.g. Engagement, experience, user types
- Education: e.g. Gamification in education, serious games, game-based learning, games & math
- Media: e.g. eSports, streaming, gamification in journalism
- Commerce: e.g. Business models, free-to-play, gambling, gamification as marketing
- Work: e.g. Organizational gamification, gameful work, gamification in leadership
- Technology: e.g. Virtual reality, augmented reality, Internet of things
- Toys & play: e.g. Toy play, toy design/creation, toys in education, Internet of Toys
- Health: e.g. Quantified self, games for health, health benefits
- Culture: e.g. Ludification, history of games and gamification
- Theories/concepts/methods: Contributions to science around gamification
Any research presented at the consortium can also be submitted as a paper/poster in the conference, but the consortium will allow the attendees to more extensively develop their papers in collaboration with the conference chairs and keynotes, as well as other students.
There are different ways to submit/propose to join the doctoral consortium:
1) Submitting an application to the doctoral consortium through the conference submission system (5 page summary of research and a CV)
2) Submitting a full paper or a poster but checking the box “I also wish to submit the entry to the doctoral consortium”, 2.1.) in case the paper/poster is accepted to the full paper proceedings, the author(s) may also be accepted to present and develop the paper in the doctoral consortium 2.2.) in case the paper is rejected as a full paper/poster, it can still be accepted to the doctoral consortium to be developed further.
In general, submissions to the doctoral consortium should be original and novel and formatted to follow the basic guidelines (same as paper submissions): Times New Roman, 12pt, line spacing 1 and margins top & bottom: 2, left & right: 2.5. References, tables and figures are acceptable.
Papers/posters accepted to the doctoral consortium may also be published in the proceedings.
Submit here: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gamifin2019